St Peter's Church
The not-so-redundant 15th century church at the west end of the High Street
St Peter’s closed as a parish church in 1974 and now houses a café, craft shop and exhibition space. The interior of the church retains a peaceful, yet informal, atmosphere and a visit is not to be missed. It is recognised for the ordination of (Cardinal) Thomas Wolsey as a priest in 1498.
The tower offers spectacular views – quite a climb, but worth the effort! Tours available most Saturdays from Easter to October, as well as summer bank holidays. Read an interview with Constable of St Peter's, Jeremy York here