St Peter's Church

{Play}

The not-so-redundant 15th century church at the west end of the High Street

st-peters-collage

St Peter’s closed as a parish church in 1974 and now houses a café, craft shop and exhibition space. The interior of the church retains a peaceful, yet informal, atmosphere and a visit is not to be missed. It is recognised for the ordination of (Cardinal) Thomas Wolsey as a priest in 1498.

The tower offers spectacular views – quite a climb, but worth the effort!  Tours available most Saturdays from Easter to October, as well as summer bank holidays.  Read an interview with Constable of St Peter's, Jeremy York here

https://www.stpetersmarlborough.com/

st-petersp1

 

Print