Each elected Member of the Marlborough Town Council sits on the Planning Committee however the Mayor is ex-officio, which means that he/she does not vote.
The Planning Committee receives copies of planning applications relating to the Parish of Marlborough only. Applications for neighbouring villages outside of the parish will be sent to the relevant parish councils.
The Committee considers each application and sends its observations to the Planning Authority for the area (Wiltshire Council) which makes the final decision to authorise or refuse planning consent. Marlborough Town Council is a consultee only and cannot make decisions about the outcome of a planning application.
Members of the public can also submit comments to Wiltshire Council, either by post or e-mail or using an online form. All comments are posted on Wiltshire Council's website. Click here to go to Wiltshire Council's Planning Pages.
For more details about the planning process and how the system works, the new changes around the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) or to find out if you need planning permission, follow this link to The Planning Portal.
All agenda, minutes and reports are available to view online:
- Minutes & Agendas 15/05/17 to 14/05/2018
- Minutes & Agendas 09/05/2016 to 14/05/2017
- Minutes & Agendas 18/05/2015 to 08/05/2016
- Minutes & Agendas 09/05/2014 to 08/05/2015
- Minutes & Agendas 09/05/2013 to 08/05/2014
- Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2012 to 08/05/2013
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2011 to 08/05/2012
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2010 to 08/05/2011
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2009 to 08/05/2010
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2008 to 08/05/2009
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2007 to 08/05/2008
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2006 to 08/05/2007
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2005 to 08/05/2006
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2004 to 08/05/2005
- All Minutes & Agendas 08/05/2003 to 08/05/2004