Highways Requests

Written on .

roadsigns-thumbWiltshire Council has changed the way requests for Highways improvements and traffic surveys are processed

These will now be dealt with at a more local level by Marlborough Town Council.

This means that requests for Highways improvements in Marlborough and Manton (e.g. speed bumps, safety barriers, double-yellow lines, improved signage, one-way systems or changes to speed restrictions) should be submitted to Marlborough Town Council where they will be considered by its Planning Committee and, if approved, submitted to Wiltshire Council’s Area Board Community Area Transport Group (CATG) for further consideration.  This more direct approach should help to filter requests more quickly.

If the Town Council approves a request and it is then passed to CATG for consideration, it will be reviewed and prioritised alongside requests from across the Marlborough Community Area (19 parishes).  Funding is limited to a small annual Wiltshire Council budget and the Town Council has to contribute 25% towards the costs of all CATG project works taking place within its parish.

More information and downloadable request forms are available at:

The completed forms should then be submitted by email to enquiries@marlborough-tc.gov.uk or posted to

Marlborough Town Council

Council Offices

5 High Street


Wilts. SN8 1AA

Hard copy forms are also available at the Town Council Offices

The Town Council’s Planning Committee meetings are held regularly and are listed on our calendar of meetings

More about Wiltshire Council's Area Board and Community Area Transport Group here